Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On01/12/2020 at 5:57 pm #74788
The Archaeology of an Imaginary City
by Dung Kai-cheung, Qizhang Dong, Anders Hansson
- Genres: fiction, china, fantasy, novels, cities, asia, architecture, cartography
- ISBN: 9780231161008 (023116100X)
- Awards: BTBA Best Translated Book Award Nominee for Fiction Longlist (2013), Science Fiction and Fantasy Translation Award for Long Form (2013)
- Author: Dung Kai-cheung, Qizhang Dong, Anders Hansson
- Format: hardcover, 153 pages
- Publisher: Columbia University Press
- Language: english
- Release date: July 17, 2012
About The Book
Set in the long-lost City of Victoria (a fictional world similar to Hong Kong), “Atlas” is written from the unified perspective of future archaeologists struggling to rebuild a thrilling metropolis. Divided into four sections — “Theory,” “The City,” “Streets,” and “Signs” — the novel reimagines Victoria through maps and other historical documents and artifacts, mixing real-world scenarios with purely imaginary people and events while incorporating anecdotes and actual and fictional social commentary and critique.
Much like the quasi-fictional adventures in map-reading and remapping explored by Paul Auster, Jorge Luis Borges, and Italo Calvino, Dung Kai-cheung’s novel challenges the representation of place and history and the limits of technical and scientific media in reconstructing a history. It best exemplifies the author’s versatility and experimentation, along with China’s rapidly evolving literary culture, by blending fiction, nonfiction, and poetry in a story about succeeding and failing to recapture the things we lose. Playing with a variety of styles and subjects, Dung Kai-cheung inventively engages with the fate of Hong Kong since its British “handover” in 1997, which officially marked the end of colonial rule and the beginning of an uncharted future.
Online ebook Atlas Dung Kai-cheung read online reader. EPUB book Atlas buy cheap on Walmart. Paperback Atlas by Dung Kai-cheung download on Kobo. MOBI Atlas on Mac. FictionBook ebook Atlas by Dung Kai-cheung buy.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.