Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On14/12/2020 at 8:28 pm #76010
Fear and Trembling and The Sickness Unto Death
by Søren Kierkegaard, Walter Lowrie
- Format: hardcover, 420 pages
- Language: english
- Genres: philosophy, religion, theology, christianity, classics, spirituality, collections, faith
- ISBN: 9780691019628 (0691019622)
- Release date: November 21, 1968
- Author: Søren Kierkegaard, Walter Lowrie
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
About The Book
Walter Lowrie’s classic, bestselling translation of Søren Kierkegaard’s most important and popular books remains unmatched for its readability and literary quality. Fear and Trembling and The Sickness Unto Death established Kierkegaard as the father of existentialism and have come to define his contribution to philosophy. Lowrie’s translation, first published in 1941 and later revised, was the first in English, and it has introduced hundreds of thousands of readers to Kierkegaard’s thought. Kierkegaard counted Fear and Trembling and The Sickness Unto Death among “the most perfect books I have written,” and in them he introduces two terms — “the absurd” and “despair” — that have become key terms in modern thought. Fear and Trembling takes up the story of Abraham and Isaac to explore a faith that transcends the ethical, persists in the face of the absurd, and meets its reward in the return of all that the faithful one is willing to sacrifice, while The Sickness Unto Death examines the spiritual anxiety of despair.
Hardback Fear and Trembling and The Sickness Unto Death Søren Kierkegaard. PDF ebook Fear and Trembling and The Sickness Unto Death read online for Android on Books-a-Million. Paperback book Fear and Trembling and The Sickness Unto Death by Søren Kierkegaard download on PocketBook.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.