Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On06/11/2020 at 4:29 pm #72572
The Mother Tongue
English and How It Got That Way
by Bill Bryson
- ISBN: 9780380715435 (0380715430)
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
- Format: paperback, 270 pages
- Author: Bill Bryson
- Release date: September 28, 1991
- Genres: history, language, linguistics, humor, writing, travel, reference, science
- Language: english
About The Book
With dazzling wit and astonishing insight, Bill Bryson — the acclaimed author of The Lost Continent — brilliantly explores the remarkable history, eccentricities, resilience and sheer fun of the English language. From the first descent of the larynx into the throat (why you can talk but your dog can’t), to the fine lost art of swearing, Bryson tells the fascinating, often uproarious story of an inadequate, second-rate tongue of peasants that developed into one of the world’s largest growth industries.
EPUB book The Mother Tongue on Powells. TXT ebook The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson buy for iPhone. FB2 The Mother Tongue Bill Bryson read on Dymocks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.