Tagged: book, FB2, Max Porter
Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On05/11/2020 at 6:00 am #72379
Grief is the Thing with Feathers
by Max Porter
? Grief is the Thing with Feathers – Click Here ?
- Language: english
- Author: Max Porter
- Release date: September 17, 2015
- Publisher: Faber & Faber
- ISBN: 9780571323760 (0571323766)
- Places: London, England
- Awards: Guardian First Book Award Nominee (2015), Dylan Thomas Prize (2016), Sunday Times/Peters Fraser + Dunlop Young Writer of the Year Award (2016), Goldsmiths Prize Nominee (2015), Europese Literatuurprijs (2017)
- Characters: Crow (Gittwf), Dad (Gittwf), Boys (Gittwf)
- Genres: poetry, fiction, contemporary, novella, novels, fantasy, death
- Format: hardcover, 114 pages
About The Book
In a London flat, two young boys face the unbearable sadness of their mother’s sudden death. Their father, a Ted Hughes scholar and scruffy romantic, imagines a future of well-meaning visitors and emptiness.
In this moment of despair they are visited by Crow — antagonist, trickster, healer, babysitter. This self-described sentimental bird is attracted to the grieving family and threatens to stay until they no longer need him. As weeks turn to months and physical pain of loss gives way to memories, this little unit of three begin to heal.
In this extraordinary debut — part novella, part polyphonic fable, part essay on grief, Max Porter’s compassion and bravura style combine to dazzling effect. Full of unexpected humour and profound emotional truth, Grief is the Thing with Feathers marks the arrival of a thrilling new talent.
Hardback Grief is the Thing with Feathers Max Porter download PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. Online ebook Grief is the Thing with Feathers. Hardcover book Grief is the Thing with Feathers buy cheap for iPhone. Paperback Grief is the Thing with Feathers by Max Porter read online on Booktopia. MOBI ebook Grief is the Thing with Feathers read on Powells.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.