Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On27/11/2020 at 8:51 pm #74408
From the Irish Epic Táin Bó Cúailnge
by Anonymous, Thomas Kinsella, Louis Le Brocquy
- Release date: November 21, 2002
- Format: paperback, 282 pages
- Language: english
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Genres: mythology, classics, ireland, poetry, fiction, medieval, fantasy, literature, folklore
- ISBN: 9780192803733 (0192803735)
- Author: Anonymous, Thomas Kinsella, Louis Le Brocquy
- Characters: Cú Chulainn, Ailill mac Máta, Amergin mac Eccit, Bricriu, Cathbad
About The Book
The Táin Bó Cúailnge, centre-piece of the eighth-century Ulster cycle of heroic tales, is Ireland’s nearest approach to a great epic. It tells the story of a great cattle-raid, the invasion of Ulster by the armies of Medb and Ailill, queen and king of Connacht, and their allies, seeking to carry off the great Brown Bull of Cúailnge. The hero of the tale is Cúchulainn, the Hound of Ulster, who resists the invaders single-handed, while Ulster’s warriors lie sick.
Thomas Kinsella’s presents a complete and living version of the story. His translation is based on the partial texts in two medieval manuscripts, with elements from other version, and adds a group of related stories which prepare for the action of the Táin.
Illustrated with brush drawings by Louis le Brocquy, this edition provides a combination of medieval epic and modern art.
Hardcover book The Táin download for reader. PDF ebook The Táin by Anonymous read online on Bookshop. EPUB The Táin Anonymous buy cheap. Online The Táin iPad on Audible.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.