Tagged: book, Melanie Gideon, MOBI
Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On07/11/2020 at 10:47 pm #72712
by Melanie Gideon
- Genres: fiction, romance, contemporary, marriage, adult, humor
- Format: hardcover, 380 pages
- ISBN: 9780345527950 (034552795X)
- Language: english
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- Release date: May 29, 2012
- Author: Melanie Gideon
About The Book
For fans of Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary and Allison Pearson’s I Don’t Know How She Does It comes an irresistible novel of a woman losing herself … and finding herself again … in the middle of her life.
Maybe it was those extra five pounds I’d gained. Maybe it was because I was about to turn the same age my mother was when I lost her. Maybe it was because after almost twenty years of marriage my husband and I seemed to be running out of things to say to each other.
But when the anonymous online study called “Marriage in the 21st Century” showed up in my inbox, I had no idea how profoundly it would change my life. It wasn’t long before I was assigned both a pseudonym (Wife 22) and a caseworker (Researcher 101).
And, just like that, I found myself answering questions.
7. Sometimes I tell him he’s snoring when he’s not snoring so he’ll sleep in the guest room and I can have the bed all to myself.
61. Chet Baker on the tape player. He was cutting peppers for the salad. I looked at those hands and thought, I am going to have this man’s children.
67. To not want what you don’t have. What you can’t have. What you shouldn’t have.
32. That if we weren’t careful, it was possible to forget one another.
Before the study, my life was an endless blur of school lunches and doctor’s appointments, family dinners, budgets, and trying to discern the fastest-moving line at the grocery store. I was Alice Buckle: spouse of William and mother to Zoe and Peter, drama teacher and Facebook chatter, downloader of memories and Googler of solutions.
But these days, I’m also Wife 22. And somehow, my anonymous correspondence with Researcher 101 has taken an unexpectedly personal turn. Soon, I’ll have to make a decision — one that will affect my family, my marriage, my whole life. But at the moment, I’m too busy answering questions.
As it turns out, confession can be a very powerful aphrodisiac.
FB2 ebook Wife 22 Melanie Gideon read online on iPhone. TXT Wife 22 download on Powells. Hardcover book Wife 22 buy. MP3 book Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon for PocketBook on IndieBound. Online ebook Wife 22 buy cheap PC on Dymocks.
Paperback Wife 22 Melanie Gideon. MOBI book Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon read. EPUB Wife 22 download iOS on Walmart. Hardback ebook Wife 22. PDF book Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon download for Android on Books-a-Million.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.