Posted In: Badan Usaha
- InactiveAnonymous On10/11/2020 at 2:47 pm #73129
The Matchbox Diary
by Paul Fleischman, Bagram Ibatoulline
- Release date: March 12, 2013
- Genres: childrens, family, fiction, historical, cultural, italy, diary
- Awards: Vermont’s Picture Book Awards: Red Clover Nominee (2015), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Picture Books (2013)
- Language: english
- Author: Paul Fleischman, Bagram Ibatoulline
- Publisher: Candlewick Press
- Format: hardcover, 40 pages
- ISBN: 9780763646011 (0763646016)
About The Book
Newbery Medalist Paul Fleischman and Bagram Ibatoulline tell a breathtaking immigration tale with appeal across generations.
“Pick whatever you like most. Then I’ll tell you its story.”
When a little girl visits her great-grandfather at his curio-filled home, she chooses an unusual object to learn about: an old cigar box. What she finds inside surprises her: a collection of matchboxes making up her great-grandfather’s diary, harboring objects she can hold in her hand, each one evoking a memory. Together they tell of his journey from Italy to a new country, before he could read and write — the olive pit his mother gave him to suck on when there wasn’t enough food; a bottle cap he saw on his way to the boat; a ticket still retaining the thrill of his first baseball game. With a narrative entirely in dialogue, Paul Fleischman makes immediate the two characters’ foray into the past. With warmth and an uncanny eye for detail, Bagram Ibatoulline gives expressive life to their journey through time — and toward each other.
Hardback ebook The Matchbox Diary on Kindle. FictionBook The Matchbox Diary by Paul Fleischman download on Walmart. MOBI book The Matchbox Diary Paul Fleischman buy. EPUB book The Matchbox Diary read PC on Books-a-Million. Paperback ebook The Matchbox Diary Paul Fleischman download for Mac.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.